SMPT CORRESPONDENCE COURSE
822-F13(COR), DEFENSE BASIC PRESERVATION AND PACKING
(64 Credit Hours)
All concerned will be careful that neither this solution nor information concerning the same comes into possession of
student or prospective students who have not completed the work to which it pertains.
UNGRADED PRACTICAL EXERCISE NO. 2
(1) ANSWER: To afford the required protection at the least possible cost.
REF: TC 38-3, pg 2-57 Ref para "Preservation Goal".
(2) ANSWER: Trained preservation personnel who know the characteristics of products to he preserved and how to
select the proper preservation methods for protection required.
REF: TC 38-3, Pg 2-57, Ref para "Preservation Goal".
(3) ANSWER: a
REF: TC 38-3, Pg 2-57, Ref para Discussion of Preservation Materials and Equipment".
(4) ANSWER: Greaseproof, waterproof.
REF: TC 38-3, Pg 2-57, Ref para "Barrier Materials and Wraps".
(5) ANSWER: Three classes; Class 1, Class 2, and Class 3.
REF: TC 38-3, Pg 2-58.
(6) ANSWER: a Class I - Plastic and non-woven backing.
b Class II - Kraft.
c Class III - Scrim (woven fabric) backing.
REF: TC 38-3.
(7) ANSWER: PPP-B-1055.
REF: TC 38-3, Pg 2-60, Ref para "Barrier Material, Waterproof, (PPP-B-1055)