(5) Engine obstructed. Bar engine over to see that it is not blocked.
(6) Faulty governor or throttle linkage.
(7) Governor inoperative. Check fuel racks.
(1) Faulty governor.
(2) Improper fuel pump rack setting.
(3) Overspeed trip setting.
(1) Water low. Check for leaks; refill.
(2) Radiator plugged.
(3) Lubricating oil not cooling properly.
(4) Fan not operating properly.
(5) Heat exchanger (lubricating oil cooler) plugged.
(6) Shutters closed.
(7) Engine overloaded.
(8) Water hose collapsed. Replace it.
a. Races before picking up load. Main generator field defective. Excitation fails to build up
2.35. LOCOMOTIVE OPERATION
a. Does not move with engine running and throttle open.
(1) Brakes not released.
(2) Battery and control switches open.