(4) Broken pipe or loose fittings.
(5) Faulty governor.
a. Low braking power.
(1) Too much brake cylinder piston travel.
(2) Faulty piston.
(3) Worn brakeshoes.
(4) Low brake cylinder pressure.
(5) Broken brake cylinder pipe.
b. Brakes hold after release application. Brake pipe under-charged or faulty distributing valve.
c. Brakes reapply after regular release.
(1) Brake pipe overcharged. Make partial brake application and return handle to running
(2) Faulty feed valve.
d. Brake cylinder pressure too high. Feed valve stuck or distributing valve sticks.
a. Lack of pressure.
(3) Wear on crankshaft or connecting rod bearings.
(4) Lubricating oil pump relief valve sticking.
(5) Oil cooler choked.