(11) ANSWER: Rinse it in clean hot water above 180F.
REF: TC 38-3, pg 2-27, Ref para "Alkaline Cleaning".
(12) ANSWER: Mechanical cleaning process.
REF: TC 38-3, pg 2-14, Ref para "Insoluble Tightly Adhering Contaminants".
(13) ANSWER: Steam cleaning.
REF: TC 38-3, pg 2-21.
(14) ANSWER: Use steam alone.
REF: TC 38-3.
(15) ANSWER: Oil soluble, water soluble, insoluble loosely adhering and insoluble tightly adhering.
REF: TC 38-3 pgs 2-13 and 2-14.
(16) ANSWER: Composition of the item, surface finish of the item, and complexity of the item.
REF: TC 38-3, pg 2-15, Ref Para "Cleaning Process Selection".
(17) ANSWER: Cleaning must be thorough, process must not injure the item, disassembly shall be limited, and
fingerprints must be removed from critical surfaces.
REF: TC 38-3, pg 2-14, Ref para "Basic Cleaning Requirements".
(18) ANSWER: Ultrasonic cleaning.
REF: TC 38-3, pg 2-31, Ref Para "Ultrasonic Cleaning".
(19) ANSWER: Thorough cleaning by approved process without item injury, with limited disassembly, removal of
fingerprints on critical surfaces, and pass required tests.
REF: TC 38-3, pg 2-14, fig 2-11.
(20) ANSWER: Tight fitting lid, a fusible link and a ground connection.
REF: TC 38-3, pg 217, Ref para "Equipment for Solvent Cleaning".
(21) ANSWER: Immerse in a solvent tank, agitate items thoroughly, brush to remove heavy contaminants, drain
completely, immerse in a second tank agitating as necessary, and place on a tray t thorough drain,
REF: TC 38-3, pg 2-18, Ref para "Solvent Cleaning".
(22) ANSWER: Corrosion inhibitor.
REF: TC 38-3, pg 2-30, Ref Para "Abrasive Blast".
(23) ANSWER: Vapors condense on the cool item, which then dissolves the greases and oils and rinses them from
REF: TC 38-3, pg 2-23, Ref sub para "How the Vapor Degreaser Cleans".