Straight closure rail.
(1) Two turnouts connecting parallel tracks are
known as a ________________.
(2) The type of switch that is specially designed for a
particular location is a ______________.
(3) The straight stock rail is also called the _____________.
(4) Stock rails are supported by rail braces attached to
13. The diagram in column I shows a split switch turnout with certain parts numbered. Their
functions are listed in column II. Match the part with the function. Choices in column II
may be used once, more than once, or not at all.
A. Provides bearing surface for switch ties.
*l point for each choice