17. Among the preferred equipment when laying out stations in the field is a ruler that measures
in ______________________ of an inch.
18. When marking or staking track in lining a curve, it is true that:
A. A scratch board is useful for marking a single track.
B. Once the stakes are set, the track gang can wait as long as 6 months before throwing the
C. Line stakes should be driven soon after the curve is measured.
D. Line stakes are driven on the right of way but outside the ballast section to avoid
19. When laying off stations in the field, you divide a curve into _______________ foot
20. Generally speaking, full track throws should not exceed _______________ inches.
21. Which of the following statements is true regarding the lining of railway curves?
A. Curves are almost always lined by using surveying equipment.
B. A simple curve may be lined properly by eye.