(6) High exhaust back pressure. Check exhaust pressure at exhaust manifold.
(7) One or more cylinders cutting out. Determine which cylinders are cutting out, check
valve springs for the bad cylinder, and replace injector with a new one. Check compression.
(8) Water in fuel system.
(1) Idling speed too low.
(2) Cooling water temperature too low.
(3) Too sudden application of load at low speeds.
(4) One or more cylinders cutting out.
(5) Governor is hunting (overcompensating). Remove the bind from injector control rack
operating shaft mechanism.
(6) Choked fuel oil filters.
(7) Unsatisfactory injectors. Replace with reconditioned injectors.
(8) Improper governor adjustment and governor linkage incorrectly set.
(9) Air in fuel system. Inspect system for leaks.
e. Loss of power.
(1) Injector racks not properly positioned.
(2) Faulty injector timing.
(3) One or more cylinders cutting out.
(4) Air filters choked.
(5) Insufficient fuel supply.
(6) Choked fuel oil filter.