g. Rule G. Intoxicants; Narcotics.
The use of intoxicants or narcotics while on duty is
prohibited. Personnel reporting for duty under the influence of
intoxicants or narcotics will be subject to disciplinary action.
h. Rule H. Smoking Restriction.
Smoking will be restricted as required. Such restrictions
will be issued by the division superintendent or transportation
officer and will conform to instructions issued by higher authority.
i. Rule J. Identification Badges and Uniform.
Personnel, when so required, will wear prescribed
identification badges. For military personnel the uniform will be
fatigue clothes unless otherwise ordered.
j. Rule K. Courtesy; Discipline.
(1) Personnel must be courteous, orderly, and quiet while on
duty in or about stations, and in or about trains.
(2) Personnel who reflect discredit upon the Department of the
Army will be subject to disciplinary action.
k. Rule L. Protection of Property.
l. Rule M. Safety.
(1) Personnel will exercise care to avoid injury to themselves
or others by observing the condition of equipment and tools used in
performing their duties. Equipment or tools found defective will, if
practicable, be put in safe condition or the necessary protection
will be afforded. All defects will be reported to the proper
(2) Personnel must inform themselves as to the locations of
structures or obstructions where clearances are close.
(3) Personnel must expect the movement of trains, engines, or
cars at any time, on any track, in either direction.