f. Performance of Code of Tests.
(5) Inspect springs (8), (10), and (11) for rust
pits, distortion, breaks, cracks, or permanent set.
reconditioned valve on test rack and perform code of
Renew all springs that are defective.
tests in accordance with TM 552023.
e. Assembly of Parts to Body
Shop Maintenance of AB Brake Cylinder
(1) Press the side of piston ring opposite the
scarf to the bottom of the ring groove. Apply three
drops of lubricating oil through the ring scarf opening.
(1) Remove shipping cap and place piston
Restore the ring to normal position and rotate ring in
assembly on a clean workbench.
groove to distribute the oil. Position the ring scarf
approximately 1 inch on either side of piston top center.
wood tool about I inch wide and 1/8 inch thick, with
rounded edges to prevent damage to packing cup and
(2) Apply a few drops of lubricating oil to piston
bushing and distribute evenly over the entire surface.
(3) Place piston and nonpressure head in a
Distribute one drop of oil on the collar at the piston
holding fixture which will hold the compression spring
spring end of piston, then insert piston and slide valve in
(4) Remove collar from end of hollow rod
(3), then remove retaining plate and packing
(3) Assemble balance of parts in reverse of
removal, using new parts as required.
compression spring (9) from the hollow rod.
Figure 8-27. Assembly view of A-2-A qutck-serice valve.