Figure 8-19. Stenciling for cleaning, oiling, testing, and stenciling in-date testing
b. Remove A-2-A Quick-Service Valve
mounting studs. Make certain it fits snugly against pipe
(1) Clean exterior of valve thoroughly of all dirt
and other foreign matter.
(2) Remove nuts from mounting studs.
(2) Install emergency portion as specified in
Carefully slide valve off mounting studs and apply
d. Install Reconditioned A-2-A Quick Service
(3) Transport valve to the airbrake shop for
(1) With the valve gasket in place on the pipe
c. Install Reconditioned Filling Piece with Selector
bracket and fully seated in its locking position, remove
shipping cover and slide valve on mounting studs.
(1) With the filling piece gasket in place on the
pipe bracket and fully seated in its locking projection,
(2) Coat threads of studs with graphite grease
remove shipping cover and slide filling piece on
and tighten holding nuts evenly and then firmly.