1 MARCH 2000
While vegetation spraying should be done at least once per year, this estimate is for one initial heavy
application over a 16-ft wide path (8 ft from the center line of track on both sides).
Notes: 1) Contract herbicide application is
priced per day. As a rough estimate, a unit
cost of 0/mi was used.
2) Phase 1 to include all Classification Yard tracks.
14) Quality Control Inspection
Although listed last, quality control inspection is an essential element for a successful track rehabilitation.
It is an effective means of assuring that all work reflects good workmanship and is performed according to
the contract specifications.
Note: Inspection cost estimate based on
/Hour basic labor and overhead charge,
or 0/Day, and 0/Day subsistence
expenses. Total = 0/Day.
2) Allowance for travel to and from site of one round trip/week = 0.
3) Total Inspection Cost/Week = ,400.
4) Phase 1 and 2 estimated to require 5 weeks each of on-site inspection.